- This event has passed.
SPS/WiPA Seminar: Starting Your Research Career
April 19, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
The UA Society of Physics Students (SPS) and Women in Physics and Astronomy (WiPA) invite undergraduate and graduate students to a joint student seminar:
“Starting Your Research Career”
The student guest speakers are:
- Jordan Fuhrman (Condensed Matter – Prof. Araujo)
- Shaun Hogan (High energy physics – Prof. Henderson)
- Alison Farrar (Condensed Matter- Prof. Mewes)
- Carlisle Wishard (Astronomy – Prof. Nair)
- Emily Frank (Astrophysics – Prof. Bailin and Prof. Nair)
Would you like to learn more about research in the Department of Physics and Astronomy and the interdisciplinary MINT Center? How can you start a research project during your undergraduate studies? Undergraduate student researchers will talk about their experience and their research projects in the areas of Condensed Matter, High Energy Physics, Astrophysics, and Astronomy.
We’ll talk about some of these opportunities and how you can get involved.
Please join us for some interesting discussions and pizza.